Saturday, July 28, 2012

A little comic relief for your day

Laugh at this post.
Laugh at how ridiculous my Thursday night got.
When you and I myself feel like work is getting terrible and it's not the best day, just remember... it can get worse, so you might as well be happy! :)

Thursday night I was closing at our new Kiwi Loco store. It was getting a little bit busier, a little more hectic: a flavor needed to be switched out, smoothies to be made, tables to be cleaned, and customers to keep happy, and I was by myself. But I was a girl on a mission. The store would look great and I could handle it on my own. Until it didn't and until I couldn't. 
Thank goodness Taylor didn't know the schedule had changed and showed up early. This way I could switch flavors and have help with all the little stuff. 
Switching out the flavor usually takes 5 minutes. No big deal right? Right, until the machine breaks that is. Yep, it broke. I had to take it all apart, fix it all and put it back together. This was all new to me. Exciting stuff let me tell ya; one lady was kind enough to try to help, but that almost really broke the machine. I called my dad to get help (Boss man is out of town). He was on his way when I figured it out. Thanks Dad, I sure appreciated your willingness! When I called him back though, I told him this was my worst night of work ever. He told me just wait, there will be worse. I had no idea what I still had coming. That machine took a little over an hour to doctor it all up (yes I cried during that hour because I couldn't fix the machine). 
9:30- still busy, still lots to do. Oh wait, another flavor needs to be switched out. And another machine locks up on me. This time I took it apart and put it back together with ease, or so I thought. 
10:00- CLOSING! People are still coming in right and left. And guess what... that second machine that broke is now leaking yogurt everywhere, all over the floor, covering the machine, and people are still coming in.. awesome.
Bring on the waterworks- I called my boss bawling. He told me to take it apart again and fix something or other. By this time it was 10:30 and I knew Logan was outside waiting to give me a hug because I'd had a crummy day at work. Little did he know it had only gotten worse. I walked out to tell him I wasn't going to be done for awhile; Remember when I told you I was lucky? Well, I thought I was then, but I had no idea just how lucky I really am to have this guy in my life.
As I walked up, he hugged me and wiped the tears from my cheeks and the first thing he asked after I told him the situation- "What can I do to help?" WHAT?! He doesn't work there and he was tired after working a double. But he was serious.
He came inside and sat and talked while I pulled apart the machine not only once, but three different times. He laughed at me, made me laugh and helped me finish up some odds and ends.

Usually you clock out around 10:30 on a weekday. My clock out time- 12:15.
It had definitely gotten worse, but now I can appreciate those OK days a whole lot more.
It also gave me a chance to see yet again how wonderfully amazing Mr. Logan is. 
I'm now off to spend the weekend with him and his family and I know I will once again be reminded of his fantasticness- (that's now a word in the dictionary of Michelle).
I've been looking forward to this all week and it's finally here! :) Insert extremely excited face here
T minus 8 hours... WOO-HOO! 
And no worries, I'll be sure to let ya know all about it.

Well, I think it's time to pack or sleep, whichever comes first!

And hey, when you have a bad day, it could be worse, so be happy! :)

Much love-
M

1 comment:

  1. Michelle! I am so sorry to hear about your bad day, but it looks like you have some wonderful family and (boy)friends that will always be there for you. I want to hear more about this Logan guy and of course your amazing weekend! I'll be waiting! ;)

    ReplyDelete