Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Week 2

Yup, I'm a slacker. I'm just posting week 2 and its week 4 of my lovely challenge! Cut me some slack though I was on vacation last week so blogging wasn't going to happen! :)
Anyways- it was kind of an epic fail for week 2. I had a lot to get done before I left (I went to Iowa for a week to see Troy and Carrie) and I just didn't do anything that I had planned to do that week. But there is something new that I did do. For those of you who I'm close to, I'm loud and I like to talk; put me somewhere that I'm all by myself and don't know anyone and I'm not as loud. Well, I flew to Iowa by myself and was surrounded by strangers. A friend challenged me to get out of my little bubble and talk to people. And I took that challenge. Honestly, I felt retarded but awesome at the same time. It was a neat experience to meet new people and hear the journey their life is taking. I wrote some of the thoughts I had that day in a notebook and I'd like to share.
As I'm flying today I realized many things.
1- We come in contact with so many more people that we realize. Did you know that you affect the person sitting next to you or the complete stranger you just smiled at? Ya, you really do! With that in mind- are we leaving a little light and sunshine everywhere we go? Are we looking to better ourselves by learning from those we meet?
2- I know that the gospel is true. Today as I talked with people that I know do not have the gospel in their lives; it's not that they don't feel like they have a purpose, but they don't understand what it is. (Yes we briefly talked about religion, but I'm a chicken and yes I know I need to improve) I know why I am here at this time. I know I am a daughter of God who loves me and I love Him. He has sent me here to be tried and tested so that I can have the opportunity to return to live with Him.
3- I know that I have potential to grow and become who He intended me to be and I hope that I'm living in a way that I can do so. I'm no one but myself, but I know that I matter and that I can help others in their lives.
Sometimes I'm a little worried that I won't be able to do all the things I need to be able too, but trying counts right? Like the little engine who could- I think I can, I think I can, I think I can because
HE KNOWS I CAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment