Sunday, October 23, 2011

Little kid twinkle

Today I sat and watched my dad during a missionary welcome home talk and I watched as he played peek a book with the little girl in front of us. Did she know us? No, she sure didn't. But I feel like there's a twinkle in my dad's eyes or something that all little kids love. Whatever the reason is, little kids love my dad. And my dad loves little kids. It's been such a blessing in my life to see that love from a father so I know what I can expect from a husband someday. I mentioned in my previous post that Sister Dalton's talk was one of my favorites this conference and she talked about how to raise a daughter. I may not be the best daughter, but I know that I have learned so much from my dad's example; I'm grateful for the love that he has for my mom and that I can see what I deserve and want. I'm so grateful for my dad's influence in my life. I know I don't thank him enough, but I'm truly so grateful to have been blessed with him as my dad. I love you dad!



I must just be a people watcher, but when my family and I went to my brother's house this evening I watched my brother Jared play and hold my nephew Logan. And I see that same twinkle come out in his eyes. The nieces and nephews love Jared. They love all of the uncles, but there's something different about Jared with them. I love watching the way Jared gets excited to skype with Katelyn, Kylie, and Mason, or how he just knows what to do to make them smile. He loves little kids like my dad does and I know that one day he will be an amazing father. 




All of my brothers are amazing. I was just being a people watcher today. I know my Trent and Troy are also amazing fathers and husbands. And Cody is also an amazing husband; I'm grateful to have them to look up to as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment