Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Week 4, 5 and 6

Yes, I'm a definite slacker on blogging! And yes I was a definite slacker on week 4. 
Week 4 was my epic fail week. I didn't get any of the things done that I had wanted too. 
Week 5 (October 13-20) I made dinner one night after work.  I made loaded mashed potatoes. Yes, the recipe came from Pinterest. What can I say, I'm addicted! It turned out really good, but I would say layer it. Put potatoes then the "loadings" then more potatoes then more "loadings." The recipe calls for just bacon and cheese; I put red peppers and green onions in it as well. Super good! :) If you love potatoes give it a shot!


5 1/2 cups mashed potatoes
1/2 cup milk
1 8oz. cream cheese- softened
1 c. sour cream
2 tsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 c. shredded cheese (I love cheese so I used more than that)
8 slices bacon- crispy and crumbled

Preheat oven to 350. Peel, quarter, and boil potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and beat until smooth. Add milk, cream cheese, sour cream parsley, garlic salt, and nutmeg. Beat until creamy. Add salt/pepper to taste. Top with your "loadings." Spray a 9x13 baking pan with Pam. Cover with foil and back for 30 minutes. Uncover and back 5-10 more minutes, or until cheese is all melty goodness :)

Week 6- GHOST POOP! :)
Yep, ghost poop. Another lovely Pinterest idea. My mom and I made these for some friends and yes I sent some to a friend in Washington :)  And I don't even know if my friends thought they were as funny as my mom and I did. I laughed and laughed at them. But anyways... the picture is self explanatory! I'm not a scrapbooker so they probably could have been a lot cuter!! 

Have a happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment