Monday, November 28, 2011

Thankful Thanksgiving

I pinky promise this will be the last post for today! But it may be kind of boring because there aren't any pictures for this one. But I promise, it's a good one.
First of all, Happy late Thanksgiving. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday with friends, family, and loved ones. I hope it was also a time to reflect on all the blessings we have. I know I had a lot of time to reflect on those things.
Blessing- Priesthood power. Thanksgiving was eventful to say the least. That morning I woke up to help my mom get some things ready to take to Ashton and we were planning on leaving earlier to go up and help my grandma set some things up and Dad, Jared, Cody, and Kinzie, would come up a little later. Jared and Cody were playing football in Shelley with some other people from the area; as my mom was outside putting stuff in the car, Jared calls. He says "Cody got knocked out and he has a concussion. We'll be home in a few minutes." Awesome. When they get here Dad and Jared give him a priesthood blessing. The feeling that overcomes me whenever a priesthood blessing is given in our home is very overwhelming. I truly know that the priesthood is God's power here on earth. I am so grateful for it. Kinzie's sister-in-law's dad (did ya follow that?) is a doctor so they called him up and he said that he would be ok!I'm grateful for Cody and the priesthood power that my dad and all the boys hold.
Blessing- Protection and guidance. I had to work black Friday at Downeast and I also got hired at the Children's Place for black Friday. Employee shopping hour at Children's Place was 10:30- midnight and I had to go to the nieces and nephews some stuff right?! As I was driving up Sunnyside and was about to go through the green light on Sunnyside and Rollandet, I was prompted to look to the right and I see a car that isn't slowing down for the red light. This light had been red for that car for a long time and mine had been green for a long time so I don't know what they were doing. I slammed on my brakes and the car flies by barely missing my car and hits the van in the lanes next to me (going the opposite direction of me). The van rolled onto its top; I pulled over and called 911 and ran to help. Luckily there was no serious injuries- I'm amazed that the man in the van wasn't hurt. How easily that could have been me if I didn't listen to the prompting. I'm so grateful for the Holy Ghost and it's still small voice. I'm grateful to be alive. I'm grateful to be watched over and protected. 
I could continue to list me blessings, but there are too many and it would make this post way too long! 
Enjoy those turkey leftovers and the wonderful hustle and bustle of the holiday season!
Happy blogging :)

No comments:

Post a Comment