Monday, March 19, 2012

One of those days

You know those days when things are just don't go how you want them too?! Today has been one of those. I woke up early this morning (more like attempted to wake up early) to do some extra studying for a test in one of my classes today. I woke up to my alarm at 5 am, rolled over and said my morning prayers and lo and behold I fell asleep again. 
My wonderful roommate Whitney, who also has a 7:45 class, kindly came and woke me up at 6:45. I was not so happy with myself. 
Not only that, it was snowing.. horizontally and I had the privilege of walking to the Ricks building for class. Then sitting in my math class, it was one of those days in math when there isn't a set answer to the problem. 
Ya, that really drives me crazy. 
I like to know what the answer is and why it works. But that was not going to be the case today I guess. Why can't math just be simple?! Walking in between classes a bunch of different things  came to my mind that I need to get done in the next 2 weeks, I had a slight panic attack at the thought of how I was going to do it.
Then I had the opportunity to take my fantastic test. We'll see how that went when the score comes in. 
After that, I made that walk again in the snow and wicked wind to come home for lunch and I looked in the mirror. Bad idea- I've never seen myself have bags under my eyes that big. Awesome. And some other frustrations kicked in and I was ready to be done for the day.

But then I was brought back to what our second counselor spoke about in sacrament yesterday-
Our Savior.
Ya, today hasn't been my favorite and I really just needed to vent for a minute with this post, but I have no reason to be unhappy and feel unloved. I know without a doubt that my Savior went to the Garden of Gethsemane to take on all my bad day woes and stress so that I wouldn't feel like I was ever alone. I know that He also did it because I'm not perfect- far from actually. But because of that beautiful gift of the atonement, I can become perfected through Him. 

I'm so grateful for this gift and especially around this Easter time. I hope and pray that as we all take on our "one of those days" days that we can remember that it will get better- it may not be today, or tomorrow, but someday everything will be as it should be.

Now for the goods! I have pictures to share! :)

Ice cream night

My cute bed that I have to jump to get onto every time

Fat Cats FHE- I love these guys :)

FHE brother Kennon!

Labeling envelopes with the sister

FHE at Br. Mooso's

Murder in the dark

Oh how I love this girl


And our Sunday breakfast with Sparkling grape juice!

Just Dance





Have a fan-freakin-tastic day! And smile because life is going to be A OK! :)

Much love-
Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment