Monday, April 2, 2012

We Thank Thee O God For a Prophet

Oh how I love general conference!
Aren't we so blessed to have the chance every six months to hear from the prophet and apostles of God?!

I know that I feel like I have truly taken conference for granted in my life up until this point.
This semester I'm taking a class called Teachings of the Living Prophets.
We have been studying previous conference addresses and biographies of the apostles and the prophet, and I've truly gained a much greater testimony, love, and excitement for conference and our church leaders.
Br. Wahlquist challenged us a few weeks ago to come up with questions we wanted answers too, he promised us that if we diligently sought to find those answers in conference we would find them.
I have had a lot of different things I really needed to find some answers too, so I took up that challenge. 
I have prayed for the past few weeks to be able to find some answers in the conference talks. 
Saturday morning was a great session and I took notes and heard something in each talk that I could apply in my life. BUT I didn't hear any answers to my questions.
Ok, Ok, there's still 3 more sessions for me to listen too. 
Saturday morning was also great and I again took notes and heard messages I can apply. BUT still no answers. Ok, ok, there's still the Sunday sessions.
Sunday morning was great and I was definitely spiritually fed and enlightened, BUT you guessed it, no answers. How in the world am I supposed to have every question answered in one session.
Well let me tell, by golly it happened.
Each and every question I had was answered. I know without a doubt that my Heavenly Father was listening to His little girl's plea for answers. 
 I felt Him take me by the hand and lead me to the answers I need to hear. I also know that it is not enough along just to know. I must now act on these promptings and inspirations. I'm so grateful for the Spirit and the things it can teach us as we listen and obey!

I testify that I know this church is true. 
I know that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and the Son. I know that he restored the gospel through the power of the priesthood. I know Joseph Smith was and still is a true prophet of God.
I know President Monson leads and guides our church today through the authority of the priesthood and ultimately with God leading and directing him.
I know that the Book of Mormon is truly meant for us in our days. I have read and prayed about it, and I received my own confirmation of it's truth.
I know families are forever and that someday I will begin my own family as I am sealed in temple for time and all eternity.
I know that my Savior willingly accepted the duty to come to this earth to live a perfect life so that He could perform the ultimate and most beautiful sacrifice for each and every one of us. He bled from every pore as He took on and bore each of our sins, afflictions, and infirmities. 
I know I am never alone and I need not fear because my Savior has overcome the world for me.
I know that I am a daughter of God.
I know that this life is but a small moment. I know that I can return to live with my Father again if I do all that I can to follow my Savior's example.
 I know this church is true, I know it with all of my heart.
I leave this testimony with you in the name of our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, amen.


I hope we each had a chance to listen to the prophet's voice and feel the Spirit working within us!

Well, I really should be studying for some finals.
I'm off to the valley of the sun (ARIZONA!) on Wednesday for my brother's wedding. I'm excited to have another sister! Be watching for a post all about it! I will be sure to soak up some extra sunshine for you! 
Have a happy week! :)

Much love-
Mitch


No comments:

Post a Comment