Friday, June 17, 2011

5 big blessings

In my previous post I talked about some blessings in my life that are up and coming, but I forgot some that I've had forever. There's 4 of them; They're protective, smarter than me, and have known what to say to me to make me become a better person. They're my big brothers. I'm spoiled to have four big brothers who love and care for me. And growing up, I think I took them for granted. I always got so frustrated and upset when they'd tease me. I didn't like them picking on me even in a joking way. I didn't take to it very well then, and I still sometimes struggle with it. But as I started a new job and have been around some of my co-workers and have been teased, I realized that because of my brothers I can handle being teased and I can tease back. When we were younger after church one day, they told me I wasn't a very good singer; the achievement day girls had sung in sacrament and I was a little too close to the microphone. That day I didn't take that too well, but they told me the truth and now I joke and laugh about how terrible I really am.
Today has been a long day to think. And that's when all these different things with my brothers came to mind. I thought of one of my brother Troy and his example as a husband and father. He lives in Iowa, but he's always one to listen to me when I call him up. I'm excited for him to fly out soon and be able to spend a few days with him. Then my brother Trent and his humor. He always has something to say or do that makes us all laugh. I've been able to watch him take on all sorts of new projects as he and his wife have been in their home and expecting their baby. Then comes Jared, but I'm going to save him for a minute. Then comes Cody. He's on his mission right now, and we didn't always get along before he left. But since he left, he's become one of my best friends. Through emails every week (except for when I'm too tired to email :)) we've built a friendship and I'm excited for him to get home in 11 days!! Alright so I skipped Jared because tonight we went to town to grab a bite of eat. Everyone always says we're so much alike, but I don't know about that. I sit in listen to him and I'm just amazed. He is so strong in his testimony and in everything he does. I look up to him a lot (as I do to all my brothers). And he may not know, but sometimes I sit in silence when I'm with him because I just enjoy being with him. He speaks his mind and is very straight forward, but sometimes I know he says things because he wants to protect me. As I'm getting ready for college, he'll tell me different things and I know its because he wants the best for me.
I may not be the best little sister all the time and I may give my brothers some attitude, but I hope they all know that I love them and am so grateful for them and their influence in my life. I've watched them all go on missions and serve our Father with faith and trust in His plan. They all went through challenges but overcame them and I'm grateful to have been able to have developed a testimony of missions before this next little road bump comes along.
This one really captures who we are :)


Elder Fowler

Trent and his wife Lindsey

Troy and his little boy Mason

Prom night: Jared didn't get to have his "man" talk with Kyle

Elder Fowler

Trent and  Lindsey

Troy and his wife Carrie

Seminary graduation

My other big blessing is that of my older brother, Jesus Christ. He gave His life for me, but not before He went into the garden, bled from every pore, felt every possible feeling, heartache, worry, and pain that we would know and then even more. But despite the pain, He did it anyways, to give all of us the opportunity to return to His and my Father's presence. I will always be indebted to my brother, friend, Redeemer, and Savior.
I'm so grateful for all of my big brothers and the sacrifices they make for me and the love they show to me. They truly are the best big brothers I could have ever asked for.

No comments:

Post a Comment