Sunday, June 19, 2011

Daddy's girl-Momma's girl

Well it's Father's Day! I don't know if my dad will ever get on to see this, but if he does Happy Father's Day dad! I love you! :) But anyways, I've been up for awhile today, longer than usual that's for sure. I had a terrible time sleeping last night and I was up rather early, but it has given me a lot of time to think. I feel like Winnie the Pooh looking for his honey jar- "think, think, think." But I started thinking about my parents. I know its Father's Day, but I thought of both of my parents. I began thinking of my last post about all my awesome brothers, but then I thought hey they aren't just awesome because they just came that way. They're awesome because of my amazing parents. My parents are rocks in our family. They have always been that way.
My dad is one of the most caring men I know. He has such a good heart and is always willing to do things for others and our family. He is one of the hardest workers I know as well. My dad is always going and doing something and I watch in awe as he hardly complains. He's a hero in my life. I have always enjoyed just spending time with him, even if no words are shared. He's always a big support for me in all I do and all I dream to do. My dad is such a huge example to me and my brothers and I'm grateful for all the things he does to provide for me. I know I'll always be his little girl in his eyes.
My mom is one of my best friends. I swear she rubs off on me and that just makes us completely weird sometimes, but I wouldn't want it any other way. I've been through a lot of struggles and tough times in my life; my mom has always been one to pick me up, help dust me off, and help me through it. I don't know what I would've done without her in those times. Tonight her and I went on a walk up our road and we just talked about some upcoming things that I'll post separately in a few minutes :) I enjoy talking to her and telling her my hopes and dreams. As we were walking we saw Lulabell the Lamb or Lester the Lamb. We weren't sure if it was a boy or girl, but I always seem to be laughing or having a great time and I love that about her and I. I know she's "gonna miss this" when I go to college, but I'm "gonna miss this" too.
I was trying to figure out this morning if I was a daddy's girl or a momma's girl. And honestly I came to the conclusion that I'm just my parent's girl because I don't know! I feel like I'm both and I'm so grateful for both of them! I love so very much and I'm grateful that my Heavenly Father sent me here to them!

Seminary graduation

Basketball senior night

Graduation

Dance recital with my trophy!
Mom and Dad- I love you! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment