Sunday, January 1, 2012

Week 15!

Week 15 has been slightly out of control and I'm glad its over. I'm glad I made it out alive :) just kidding!
But I have been a busy bee and have accomplished a lot. I went grocery shopping for college and got a lot of school stuff done this week.
Now for the real fun stuff :)
I was asked to make a cake (covered in fondant and all that jazz) for my old boss. 
It was supposed to be a lion king themed cake. What's the first thing that pops into my head when I think of Lion King? Pride Rock and the log that they cross when they're singing their song and swaying their heads back and forth! Hakunah Matata, what a wonderful phrase; I dare you to not let yourself start singing the song.
The end result you ask?! 

Alright, alright here it is! 





Pride Rock is made from Rice Krispie treats and shaped to look like that!




Simba, Nalla, Scar, and Zazoo are missing but Scar was on one of the sides, and Simba and Nalla were on top! The top and bottom layers were 2 chocolate cakes with a nutella filling. The middle layer was vanilla with nutella filling! You like?! It was definitely fun! It might be something I could take some classes for.. but I don't really know yet!

Week 8 and 9.. 

Finally, I know you have just been waiting by your computer to see these finally posted! But here it is! In my family we "draw" or just go in an order to get presents for siblings for Christmas. This year I had Troy and Carrie family. And this is what I did for them (Keep in mind I'm not a scrapbooker in any way)




Thank you Pinterest for making me feel like one crafty woman! :)

Happy blogging!

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, you are so very talented! It looks great and sounds so delicious. I will be calling you if I need a cake :)

    ReplyDelete