Friday, May 18, 2012

Let's be adventurous

Life is crazy.
Life is fun.
Life is wonderful.
Life is fantastic.
Life is bombastically amazing.

A year ago at this time I was graduating from the one and only Shelley High School. As I have watched the seniors this year posting on the wonderful world of Facebook, I have thought about where I was at that time in my life. 

I walked across that stage and I thought I knew exactly where my life was going; I was definitely mistaken.
"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are"
Some days life feels scary and chaotic. But I know that my life is in hands that are greater than my own.
I'm so grateful that everything has happened the way it has in my life. 
There have been many trials, but many more blessings and good times. Trials have a way of making us into something more than who we were before.

This second semester at school has been full of adventures and it has been an adventure in and of itself. My schedule is a lot more hectic than last, my homework load is a lot bigger and it has been so much harder to focus this time around. The sun is always shining and my roommates are beyond fantastic and I always want to make memories with them. 
 And there are so many adventures to be had

Here's a few that I've had so far...

 We go on roommate dates :)
We draw names for our dates and enjoy our date for the evening
My date Hannah


Oberholzer (Rachel) and Kelli


Stesha and Brown Rachel


My foot obsession

 We went to Olive Garden for dinner before the movie and surprised our friend Logan. Crazy part about that, Logan was actually our waiter for the night!

 We have pranks back and forth with our FHE boys
 Logan went to the hospital for kidney stones. That was definitely an adventure

 We always make an adventure of FHE. I'm not sure if we will ever have an FHE where we don't end up messy!
My room roommate Oberholzer


Would you look at that?! We're the best of friends :)

FHE sisters

FHE boys

 Roommate run and yes we are matching

How we feel about running

Foot obsession

Kelli's birthday



Pit stop in Rigby on our way home :)

Gotcha!

Temple Tuesday
At the beginning of the semester I made a goal to go to the temple every Tuesday.
So far I have done just that.
Every time I have been to the temple I have received answers to all of my questions. I have found peace in the utter chaos that surrounds me.
"All great changes are preceded by chaos"

Where I was a year ago has led me to where I am now. I am not the same girl who graduated from Shelley High- I have grown and changed in ways that I never knew I would. 
I have become a much better person and I'm excited to see where these adventures take me.
My new motto: Oh darling, let's be adventurers :)

Go have yourself an adventure!

Much love-
Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment