Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Make believe

This past weekend I spent time at home playing make believe.
Make believe that life isn't scary
Make believe that I'm courageous
Make believe that I'm not worried about where life is going
Make believe that I was a little girl again- not a care in the world and not a worry in my heart

Being with my nieces and nephews makes me want to be little again.

Katelyn


Kyie

Carrie

Me and Tyson

Mason
Isn't little Mason adorable?!

Life was much more simple then. There aren't too many big worries other than trying to get away with not eating those green vegetables on your plate and still being able to get a treat.
When big decisions come up, mom and dad either greatly help or make the decision for you.
When you get hurt, band-aids, a treat, and mom's kiss makes everything better.
Being scared is usually due to monsters under the bed or in the closet.

But then this magical thing happens called growing up. 
We all go through it.
And I think I have recently hit a wall of being scared.
My worries have increased from veggies to bigger things.
The decisions I'm making now are mine, and they can't be made for me by anyone else.
Band-aids don't fix everything now.
And being scared becomes part of looking to the future and not being exactly sure what you're doing.

Make believe is a wonderful thing
It gives everyone a chance to dream
To consider things that may seem impossible
To love with your whole heart 
To dream of doing the unthinkable
To become more than you believe you can
To find the ultimate happiness

Choose today to believe in dreams
Consider and try the impossible
Love with your whole heart
Do the unthinkable
Become who you are meant to be
Be happy

You're never too old to believe in make believe

Much love-
Mitch

1 comment:

  1. I do this everytime I go home Michelle!!
    It reminds me how in some ways I hope I never grow up!

    ReplyDelete