Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sister

Growing up with all brothers has been a wonderful blessing in my life,
BUT I'm so grateful to have 4 great sisters-in-law.
I recently had the chance to spend the night with my sister Carrie. 
My brother Troy has started rotations and is off in Minneapolis, leaving Carrie and the kids in Shelley.
I got to spend the night on Friday in Shelley with her. 
When I got home we went to my house and were roasting mallows with Dad and Mom and Jared and Chelsea.  I love being with the fam.
But when we got to her apartment, I was so very grateful for the opportunity to spend time with her. 
Growing up I never really experienced "pillow talk" and it was fun to be able to have it with Carrie.
We stayed up way too late.
And I mean way too late.
But she helped point out a lot of important things to me, and it was nice to talk with her about everything going on right now.
It was something I needed that day.
She knew exactly what to say and she let me ramble on and on and on and on.. just like that.

Saturday we took the kids to Momma Lu's and she watched the kids while Carrie and I got a pedicure. That's something her and I do often together. 
It was a good relaxer and now my toes are pretty :)
(Well.. more like my toenails, not so much my toes)

I just want Carrie to know how important she is to me.
I am so grateful for this chance I have to get to spend more time with her as she is much closer than 17 hours away.

But most importantly, I look up to Carrie in every way. She is such a good wife and mother. 
I know that this isn't going to be an easy situation, but I know if anyone can handle it, it's Troy and Carrie. 
Carrie was my first sister and I'm not sure what it is, but there is a definite bond between her and I. 
I'm grateful to be able to learn from her example and do all sorts of fun things with her.
I love you Carrie! Thanks for all you do for me!

Much love-
Mitch

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Michelle, that was so sweet.
    You mean a lot to me too. More than you will know. And thank you so much for staying that first night with me, it was so nice to not be alone. And for taking me the next day for pedicures, lunch, and even letting us go to orange leaf instead of kiwi loco, haha. You are the best and I love ya! We will have many more nights of staying up way too late, its what we do!!

    ReplyDelete