Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My Daddy

First off, Daddy I love you.
Yes, he is my Daddy. That's what his name is in my phone. Every time he sends me a text just to tell me he loves me it comes up as Daddy.
As there have been some different struggles and hard things come up in my life, it seems like my dad has known when to send a little text to me to make me feel better. And sometimes having a message come up with the From: Daddy makes me want to cry because I know he's been thinking about me.

There's been some difficult things for me come up and my health hasn't been real great for most of this semester.
And I have had the opportunity to have priesthood blessings from him for these things.
A couple weeks ago I ran the Teton Dam half marathon.
I had been sick for a little over three weeks and I was sure struggling with wanting to run with how I had been feeling. The race was on Saturday and on Thursday my Dad called and asked if I wanted a blessing.
He told me that he would call my brothers and he would come up the next day to give me a blessing. Friday night my parents came up to Rexburg for the blessing, the blessing was given, and they turned right around and drove home. Literally they were here for 15 minutes. I was overwhelmed with the love my dad has for me. I know that he loves me and wants the best for me in all I do.

My dad is kind, loving, and very self-less. 
Growing up he always seemed to be doing something for someone. I'm grateful for his example and love in my life.

I'm kind of an emotional person. 
And when it comes to my Daddy, I'm really emotional.
I'm his little girl, but I'm not so little anymore.
I think the idea of me being old enough to get married and be in this part of life scares him, but it scares me too. But I know that he is watching out of me and will help me see the things that are best for me. Being the only girl with all big brothers, I know that I'm the favorite daughter :) but I also know that he really cares about me and the adventures I take on.
Sometimes when we talk and I look into his eyes, I can see how he sees me. I can see my individual worth through him. And I see his love as tears will glisten in his eyes and occasionally spill down his cheeks as we talk about where my life is going.

My dad is great! Hip-hip hooray for him!
Thanks for all you do!

Dad-
Happy Father's Day!
 I'll always be your little girl, your little Cinderella.
I love you

Love-
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment