Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My Dam half Marathon

As I have mentioned in a couple of my previous posts, I recently ran a half marathon.
Back in February, Cody and Chelsea suggested that we run in the Teton Dam Marathon races as a family. I thought psh, that's forever away. I can definitely build my body up for that.
Wrong
I'm a procrastinator.
I didn't start to seriously train and run until May. The marathon was on June 9th.
And it really didn't help that for a good chunk of May I wasn't feeling good.
 BUT, June 9th came. And I ran that Dam half marathon.
 Before the race. Chelsea, Jared, Cody, and I all ran.
 Honestly, I wasn't excited to run at all. This is a lie for a picture

We all got together and stood by each other as the race started. Cody was quickly out in the front. Jared and Chelsea stayed close to each other for a few minutes, And yes, I was behind them all.
During the race all I could think of was being done with it and not ever doing it again. I was over it before mile 4 ever rolled around. 
That's when we got to the big hill. 
That is when I really was over running. It wasn't ever going to end. I wasn't ever going to reach the top of the hill. But I did. 
And when I got closer to the end, all I could think was I'm doing this. I'm going to actually be able to say I ran a half marathon. And then the glorious last corner came. 
I see a tie dye shirt running around the corner to come cheer me on and I knew it was Chelsea because Jared wouldn't be moving that fast right then. Then Jared comes up too. A little ways down I see Cody. The announcer calls my name and I cross that beautiful finish line. Kinzie is there waiting to take pictures and it's done. 
Never again!

 FINALLY!!!

 I'm so glad we ran this and were all able to accomplish this. 
Congrats goes to Cody and Chelsea for finishing 2nd in their divisions and Cody for finishing 7th overall. 

And just to clarify, I'm probably going to be running it again next year. So much for never again

Much love-
Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment