Friday, June 15, 2012

My super power

What's my super power?! 
 I definitely can't fly or else I would have been to Hawaii already.
I definitely cannot read minds or I would know exactly what to say to make the world a better place.
It's not super speed.. No need for me to add on to that statement.
No X-Ray vision because I would feel uncomfortable with that one.
But it's better than all of them.
It gives me power to know what to do. It gives me power to feel comfort and love when the world is unkind and slightly terrifying. It gives me the chance to be connected to my Father in Heaven and He has the greatest power of all. It gives me the chance to slow down my life and focus on what really matters.
My super power is scripture power.

I love the scriptures, but I really love MY scriptures.
I love my black triple combination with gold edged pages.
I love the little snap that closes my thoughts and inspirations within it's pages. 
I love the words I have highlighted and the notes scribbled in the margins.
I love the answers I have found in them, especially at this time in my life.
 I just love em! Can't you tell?!? :)

Well, I lost them.
I know what you're thinking- "You love them so much and you lost them?!"
Sadly, yes, but in my defense I have 5 classes on Wednesdays and my backpack is full, so I carry them in my hands in between classes.
I put them underneath my desk in English and I never picked them back up when I left. 
Yesterday I realized the tragedy.
There were not on my desk, in my church bag, or anywhere in the apartment.
I hiked back up to campus to see if the Lost and Found desk had them.
No luck there.
I went into the classroom that I left them in and checked everywhere.
Nothing.
It was in that moment that I sat alone in the classroom that I realized how important my scriptures are to me. 
I wanted to cry.
Sure, I could go get a new set; but this was my new set that my parents gave me for seminary graduation. I hadn't used them until I came to school because I wanted them to be for this new stage in my life. There have been so many times in these past two semesters when life has seemed overwhelmingly difficult to handle and times when I didn't know what in the world I was supposed to be doing.
And it has been through these pages that I have found the solace I needed to escape those troubling moments and through the words that I have found the answers to many prayers.
My name isn't embossed on the front (I want to wait until I get married to put it on this set, I'm slightly weird I know) so no one would know if they were mine.
I woke up this morning with a hope in my heart that I would find them.
I asked the girl at the Lost and Found desk if a set like mine had been turned in, she went back to the closet to check.
She reached over and grabbed some and I instantly knew they were mine
And at that moment the angels started singing.
Gratitude swept over me.
Yes, I genuinely felt like this about my scriptures.

I apologize if you have now felt like you have suffered through this post to only read about my love for my scriptures, but I want to bear my testimony of the truth in the scriptures.
I know the Book of Mormon is true.
Simple as that, I know it.
I have received a personal witness that they are true, and I cannot deny it.
I know that if we are diligently seeking answers, the Lord will find ways to answer our prayers through our scripture study.
I know that the Book of Mormon was intended for our day and it is to give us guidance and direction for the things that we are supposed to do. 
I know that we can find our Father's will for us within the scriptures.
I'm so grateful for them.

Much love-
Mitch

P.S. Sorry for the lack of pictures. I will make up for it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment