Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Lucky

I'm lucky.
Yes, I really am.
Today a couple of my classes were cancelled, which in and of itself is lucky, but that's not even close to why I'm really lucky.
I was laying on my bed, all snuggled up reading a book Mr. Logan gave to me to read while he was gone- Leven Thumps and the Gateway to Foo- when I succumbed to sleep. I woke up startled by a knock on the front door. My roommate Kelli answered and I heard my name being said. 
I waited to see if I was still groggy and having my mind play tricks on me or if it that really just happened; I heard something set down and the door closed. Someone had been there. And yes, they had said my name. 
I peek out of my door and to see this beautiful flower bouquet on the counter.
Daisies.. my favorite.
Suspicion set in.
There's only one person that would've known my favorite flower.
But he's in Mexico.
More suspicion.
I made my way to the flowers and oh, they smelled so good.
Snatching the card, I slid my fingers under the flap to open it, only to give myself a nice slice on my knuckle.
Paper-cut, blood... Gah.. It can wait. I was opening this card right then.
I finished opening it much more carefully.
I was right.
Logan was the culprit

I told you, I'm lucky :)

Thank you Logan for brightening up my entire week.
They are beautiful! :)

Much love-
Mitch

1 comment:

  1. Love the flowers Michelle, It brightened my day too when you called and told me about them!

    ReplyDelete