Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Jump in

There's 3 weeks left in the semester.
Let me repeat that-
THERE'S ONLY 3 WEEKS LEFT IN THE SEMESTER!!!!
I'm so excited to have a break from the school work and to be with my family.
These past two semesters have changed my life. 
I'm not the person I was the first week of January. 
I have found a part of myself that I never knew was there.
And yes, that is a cliche.

In these past 2 semesters I have had many new experiences:
Trying sushi for the first time- and I liked it
Doing my own laundry
New callings
Driving to Utah without the parents
Cooking my own meals- such a hard life :)
Bridge jumping
Running a half marathon
Staying at the hospital with Logan and his kidney stones- hospitals give me major anxiety so this is a big deal for me
Temple Tuesdays with Brown Rachel
And yes, this semester I will be getting my first B+

Talking with my Momma Lu about all these things she told me how proud she was of me.
She told me that when I left for school she knew I would do well, but I really just jumped in and took it all on. 

I know that jumping in has led me to many new adventures
Sometimes we hold ourselves back because we are scared to fail or worried of what others think.
But those are the times that you HAVE to jump.
I went bridge jumping last week with some friends from my ward and roommates. Brown Rachel said she would jump with me. I was all pumped and ready to go about it, until I looked over the edge.
That was a long way to fall.
It took me a few minutes to get the courage, but I did it. And then I could have done it all day

Every now and then we are in a position to jump, but the fear of the fall stops us. 
JUMP because you don't know the good that will come from it.

I'm grateful to have jumped into this year of school.
I'm even more grateful for the new jumps I have taken this semester :)

What are you waiting for? Jump in! :)

Much love,
Mitch

1 comment: