Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Beauty


If you are anything like me, which for most people may be highly unlikely because I know I'm a little on the weird side, then life sometimes seems a little bitter, possibly a little cloudy, and sometimes down right ugly. 
This past weekend was grey, cloudy, and rainy, and that basically sums up what last week was like for me.
It was tough.
And I wasn't so tough.
But lo and behold, Friday came around; all those projects, tests, and little things didn't matter anymore, because I had myself a date as soon as class was out. My date was very much a gentleman and he's fantastic. His name is Logan.
Meet Logan
 We did some different things that made me laugh and we had a good time, but I'm so grateful to have had such a good thing to look forward to during that week and then to have it be a release from everything that happened during the week. So thanks Mr. Logan!


Then Saturday rolled around.
My roommate Whitney also known as sunshine came out from Kansas with her fiance Sawyer, FHE brother from last semester, to be married. And I was the photographer.
Stress.
Why you ask?
It was rainy and terrible weather all day.
I got to the Rexburg temple at 11:15 and walked around getting into the photography mode. It rained all the while. Their wedding was at 12, and it hadn't stopped raining. But as they walked out those doors, the rain stopped and it didn't start again until I got back into my car after taking their pictures. I was truly blessed.



With their wedding, it was so great to see them both again. I love being with them; they are so good for each other and I'm so happy for them. They will have a great marriage together! I'm so glad Sawyer was so persistent with my Sunshine.
Speaking of my Sunshine, my other Sunshine Kaycee came up to visit and be here for the wedding too.
Moonshine, Princess & Sunshine
Kaycee and Whitney both used to be sunshines, but Whitney has officially become Princess. That's one of those things that probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but it's just a roommate/friend thing I guess.
Back to Kaycee, she stayed with me and she dealt with my stressed out, crazy eyes, and out of control state very well. We laughed and talked boys and life. We had ourselves a Pinterest night on Saturday and we made some pizza pockets and raspberry lemonade smoothies. Yummy :) and Sunday morning we mad cinnamon roll pancakes. Thank you Pinterest








Alright, now to actually get to the point of this blog, thanks for hanging in there with me; There is beauty in everything. Today's devotional was a good reminder for me.
There is beauty all around us and sometimes we get so caught up and overwhelmed with all the ugly and bitterness in life that we don't enjoy the little things that are so beautiful. 
I was there last week-
I was frustrated, overwhelmed, and definitely emotional.
But I'm lucky enough to have people in my life who seem to know the right thing to say and do to help me see the beauty in life.
I'm glad that it seemed to pour on me all week, because I was able to see how happy people make me and to realize the effect they have on me. I'm grateful to be able to have seen the beauty in those little moments I got to spend with them. 
Sometimes it has to rain a little (or a lot) to get us to realize how lucky and blessed we are in this beautiful life.
I'm grateful for the rain.
I'm grateful for the sunshine.
 And I know that both are beautiful.
I hope that you can find the beauty in the 5 points that Br. Linford shared today-
1. Look for beauty in the world around us
2. Find beauty in those who you encounter in your life
3. See the beauty of learning
4. Reflect on the beauty of the atonement
5. Recognize the beauty that is you
Be beautiful in every way
Much love-
Mitch

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! I am going to have to go read that devotional talk!

    ReplyDelete