Friday, December 14, 2012

A Few Fun Things

The past couple weeks have been filled with some fun times with my nieces and nephews, crafty time, Christmas shopping (I'm all done!!), the business side of photography, and the always wonderful Logan and Michelle time.
Babysitting the boys- playing in the bounce house
Ice cream with the kiddos
I made some rice bags with Carrie thanks to Pinterest. You stick your feet in and it makes them stay even warmer than normal ones. Logan likes his feet to be warm- so do I, especially with future events coming up ;) - so I made one for him out of some awesome blue plaid flannel and baby blue minky. He told me he has already heated up around 20 times and I gave it to him on Wednesday. Here's a link to directions for you to make your own! Super easy and cheap :) You can make 3 when you buy half a yard of each fabric. And PS, we used 4 bags of rice. We left a little slit in the top part and added rice to that one too! 3 bags in the bottom part and 1 in the top part!
http://www.craftsewdesign.com/2010/12/foot-warmer-tutorial.html

One of my favorite things about Christmas is our stockings. My mom made ours and they are HUGE!! Every Christmas Eve we would take them off the banister and put them out in the room where we would want to have them in the morning. For some reason that is one of my favorite memories. I have always wanted to make my own stockings for my own little family. So next year Logan and I will have our very own HUGE stockings to hang up. I'm still working on mine, but I'm using his this year too. It was really fun and I'm excited with how it turned out!

I love photography.
I have been doing it as a "business" for a few years now, but I never knew what I really wanted to name it until recently. Michelle Fowler Photography is now....
I have been working with a graphic designer- Traci Huntsman Design- to get the look I wanted and to make it all professional and things like that. I'm SO pumped about this upcoming year. It's going to be busy and a real good one! And the best part about all of this is that I have a fiance (I love saying that) who is so supportive and excited for me. He loves that I get so excited about it and he is learning the ropes and photography terms too; as we looked through some pictures the other day, he pointed out that a picture had bokeh and I wanted to burst with happiness. Logan really does put me and the things I love in high priority in his life.

BYU-I Fall 2012 semester is over and I couldn't be happier. Logan will now be 15 minutes closer and no homework until April! For those who don't know, I am deferring Winter semester. This will give Logan and I time to finish up all the wedding planning, get married, honeymoon, and start our little married life together before we go back in April. 
Logan helped me practice writing Peterson so I will be prepared to sign that instead of Fowler in a couple months. A few people have asked me how being engaged is; it is wonderful. Being engaged to the right person, knowing you are getting married in the temple, and get to spend the rest of eternity with them is such a good feeling. Every day I do fall more in love with him. I love all the little moments and silly things we do together. I'm just excited to share my life with him :)
Hobbit midnight premiere
Next week we are going to try to conquer all this housing madness, registering, and engagement pictures. It will be quite the week!

Enjoy this holiday season and remember it only is around once a year. Put down the credit cards, shopping bags, and hustle and bustle; simply enjoy the true reason for the season and the loved ones you get to spend it with!!


No comments:

Post a Comment