Saturday, December 29, 2012

All things {MERRY & BRIGHT}

Merry Christmas!
Sort of, it's a little late I suppose; better late than never I suppose.

This holiday season I have enjoyed working at American Eagle and helping others find Christmas gifts for people. I finished my Christmas shopping a few weeks ago and I was able to just enjoy these holidays with Logan and family.
The Peterson family had a Griswold Christmas party and yes I will admit I had no idea who the Griswolds were until this. We had dinner, went caroling, and had a white elephant gift exchange. Logan and I made it out good with a Jamba gift card and a Mt. Dew with a cute Christmas glass. Hope those cherry cordials were delicious Davis! :)


Christmas Eve we stayed up late watching the Nativity and then Elf. It was so fun to watch with the little girls as they laughed and laughed. After the movie ended, they set out cookies and milk for Santa hoping that in the morning the glass would be empty, the plate missing cookies, and presents out from Santa.
Christmas morning started early for us as Katelyn and Kylie were up and ready to go at 7:30 in the morning. As the girls went over to the tree, sure enough Santa had come during the night.
If you asked the girls what they wanted from Santa, they always said remote control spiders, and oh Santa is good :)
Christmas Eve
Tarantula- Kylie's spider
The other spider is a wall climbing spider. Gross, I know.
The rest of Christmas consisted of opening presents (I GOT A RED KITCHENAID!!!!!!!!!!!), Christmas breakfast, and having a nice big lunch with the family and Grandpa and Grandma Clark. After lunch, the kids went out to play in the snow and Logan came down. We switched presents and boy... I am one spoiled girl.
Logan is full of surprises and so when it comes to the honeymoon, he has been very secretive. Well, part of present was stuff for it so he told me where we are going. He blindfolded me and had me smell a candle. It was coconut. He asked me what that reminded me of and I said Pina Coladas. Then he had me open my eyes and he gave me chocolates that said...
 HAWAII!!!!!!!
We are cruising to Hawaii...
Yes, I had a slight freakout. And then he put a flower lei on me.
He still had to open his presents and then he told me he had one more surprise for me. I was told to put on shoes and a coat.
He covered my eyes with his hands and walked me outside.
A few months ago I had mentioned in passing how I really wanted a beach cruiser bike with gears, because they are cute and I don't have a bike.
Logan picks up on the smallest things and he acts on them. It all makes sense to me now why he kept taking me past the bikes every time we went to Walmart. Thank you Logan! :)

We finished the night by going to Le Mis with his family. It was good; I cried, a lot. The message of it is inspiring and it is a good one to see just take tissues!
I hope everyone's Christmas was merry and bright and spent with loved ones.
Keep the season alive all year long!!

No comments:

Post a Comment