Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Getting up the hill

Dear Tablerock,
I don't know how many times I have scaled your mountainside, but I conquered you again on Friday- slowly, but surely I conquered you.
On this lovely Friday, my dad, mom, Jared, Chelsea, Cody, Kinzie, and Logan, set out to get to the top of the mountain.
He's so handsome :)

We made it across the waters, we passed the  switchbacks and the shale rock, and then the worst part came. The final climb. Logan and I went about it at our own pace. We would set our sights on a certain point and make it there and rest. And over again. And over again. But at the ridge that Logan picked out, all I could do was giggle. I felt as though I had completely lost my mind. The giggles wouldn't stop. That caused Logan to start laughing and we were a disaster trying to make it up. BUT we finally made it!! It felt so good to make it up. 

The way down was much easier than the way up, but the giggles didn't stop. I was slipping and sliding a lot and for some reason it made me laugh. And that made Logan laugh at me.
Laughter is a beautiful sound.

While we were hiking I thought of how sometimes my back/hips were hurting and I'd have to stop. It reminded me of how I'm not perfect and sometimes on my way to where my Heavenly Father wants me to be, I have to stop and let someone help me. We are all in different stages of our lives and sometimes we're closer to the top, sometimes closer to the bottom; no matter where we are, our Savior is always right there with us. He's the friend who's willing to take His time as we learn to progress and become better. Sometimes we can only take 5 steps at a time, but each one of those steps bring us closer to where He wants us to be.
I am no perfect. I am far from. But I am so grateful for a loving Savior and Father who have made it possible for me to come closer to them and where I can be. 
I'm grateful for my weaknesses because I know that as I try to overcome them, I will be made stronger.
I know that I am His daughter and He is mindful of me and where I am at in my life. 

The reason we hiked Tablerock was the fact that it was my mom's birthday.
She didn't know, but there was a surprise party of the rest of the fam waiting for her. There was dinner and Minute to Win it games to be played. Oh the fun times :)





Chelsea couldn't stop giggling
And neither could I
This might have been when Logan kissed Jared's hand


Mason and big Logan
How blessed am I to have these wonderful people in my life! :)
I hope your birthday was great mom!!

Much love-
M

1 comment:

  1. I want to say that I adore you and the more I hear about Logan and see pictures of the two of you together and see the biggest smile on your face, the more I absolutely love the two of you!!!

    ReplyDelete