Sunday, August 26, 2012

Righteous woman

I love the gospel.
I love that even when a question enters my mind, my Father knows and He listens and understands my worries and concerns. And He answers. I know he does.
Anyways, church today was amazing.
The spirit was so strong and I was reminded of the person I need to be.

A quote shared in Sunday school pointed me in the direction that I need to make sure my life is going. 
President Spencer W. Kimball said:
"To be a righteous woman during the winding-up scenes on this earth, before the Second Coming of our Savior, is an especially noble calling. The righteous woman's strength and influence today can be tenfold what it might be in more tranquil times. She has been placed here to help enrich, to protect, and to guard the home- which is society's basic and most noble institution. Other institutions in society may falter and even fail, but the righteous woman can help to save the home, which may be the last and only sanctuary some mortals know in the midst of storm and strife."

Holy cow.
This quote honestly inspired me to better myself as much as possible.
I want to be one of the woman that my Father can count on to send His choice spirits to as a mother one day.
And yes, I'm scared. I am so far from perfect.
I'm scared I won't be wifey enough when i get married.
I'm scared I won't be strong in spirit and testimony to help keep my home a place of refuge and peace.
I'm scared that I won't be the kind of mother I've always wanted to be.
But I KNOW that as I put my faith in my Father that He will help.
He will not leave me.
He will be there every step of the way starting today, through marriage and wifey stuff, through motherhood, and beyond.
I'm so grateful for my Father. He loves me and I love Him.

Much love-
M

No comments:

Post a Comment