Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Woo-hoo weekend!

Time flies when you're having fun.
Obviously it does because Saturday, Sunday, and Monday were the fastest three days of my life.
On Saturday morning I drove up to Rigby to go to Island Park and Yellowstone with the Peterson family.
So yes, I got three WHOLE DAYS of Logan time :) :) (that deserves more than one smiley)
At the beginning of our weekend
 On our way we stopped at Mesa Falls and had ourselves a little picnic. We caught some grapes in our mouths and threw the frisbee around a bit. 
Michelle's ridiculous sleeping patterns story-
As Logan and I were driving to the cabin from the falls, he was trying to find some African song on his MP3 player; we were talking and literally within 30 seconds of us finishing our conversation, I fell dead asleep. He asked me a question and when he got no response, he looked over to find me sleeping. When I woke up he told me what had happened.. Oops.. my bad! I found out on the way home that this happened again while we were in Yellowstone Park with his family too.

That night we went to West Yellowstone and had some dinner and went to the Playmill.
Rachael, Davis, Logan, Dominic, Emily

It was my first time ever to go to the Playmill and Logan's best friend married the owners' daughter. It was so fun to meet Jake and Hannah and hear new stories and learn new things about Logan.
Before the show ever starts, they ask the audience if anyone is having a birthday or anything- well it was definitely not my birthday. BUT Tami (Logan's mom) points to me and I get taken up on stage to be sung to. My face was red as red, but it was funny. 
We watched the Drowsy Chaperone and Hannah was one of the main characters.
During the play I got to hold the actors drink and I got spat on by another actor. That's what you get on the front row I guess! It was pretty awesome! 
Us and Logan's parents
 Sunday we went into Yellowstone Park and hit a few different spots. It was nice to be in the car driving and talking with Logan's parent's and sister.
Hahaha :)
Fresh water out of the creek or wherever!


Not sure why I look like I'm 5 in this picture, but I do. But hey, I'm a cute 5 year old :)
ANACONDA SQUEEZE!!! 
Dom, Em, Rach, Davis
Logan and his dad
The lovely Leighton

Picnic before Old Faithful

Finnley!
Playing baseball while waiting for Old Faithful
Not too worry she's still Old and Faithful



Hmmm.. where did she learn to be a poser?
Adorable.
After we left the park, we went back to BBQ, play games, I had some girl time with Logan's sisters and mom, and at midnight Logan and I left to come back for our Monday adventure. It was a late night driving home, but we talked and sang our hearts out to the man Brad Paisley's Pandora station, and we laughed until Logan sounded like a 5 year old and I couldn't breath.

Monday morning Logan made the excruciatingly long drive to Shelley to meet at my house to go with my family to Lagoon. We go every year with the Albright family and always have a blast. This year was especially fun :)
For most of the way down Logan slept; We made our stop at Smith and Edwards to get some gummi hot dogs and hamburgers, Pez, Sixlets, Cowtails, sodas, and other penny candies. 
We played at Lagoon-a-beach: raced down waterslides, sand volleyball, and lazy river relaxing, all the while being coated in sunscreen.
Then we headed out to the main park- still coated in sunscreen to ride some rides and enjoy the nice sunshine.
Logan went on the Skycoaster with me and he pulled the rip cord. When the floor drops out from underneath you before they pull you up, it kinda scared him and I thought it was hilarious. 
But really, it was fun! Probably my favorite time of ever going. Wonder why?! ;)

 On the way home Logan and I slept the whole time.

The end of our weekend together :)
This picture just makes me laugh. After we took this picture I laughed for 5 minutes straight. And I laughed hard enough to be crying. 

Thanks Peterson family, my family, and Logan for a bombastically spectacular weekend!

Much love-
M

No comments:

Post a Comment