Sunday, November 4, 2012

Gratitude greatness

It's November 4. Where did 2012 go? You may know what happened to it, but I don't. I'm excited to be entering the holiday season for many reasons here are a few
1. I work retail (American Eagle, yes I love clothes) and it's way fun to work with customers at this time of the year.
2. Family time! It's a time when everyone comes home; we play games, talk, laugh, eat, and have lots of fun together.
3. MISTLETOE ;) just kidding, well kind of. Baby it's cold outside! Time to sit close by the fire sipping hot chocolate and watching movies.
4. Time to remember what we have and things we're grateful for- I'll come back to this one.
5. Christmas music. I love it. And I cannot lie to you- I'm a terrible liar anyways- I have already listened to some Christmas music. It's happy stuff!!
6. To celebrate the birth and life of our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ. I believe in Him. I believe in the CHRISTmas season and spirit!

Back to number four. A lot of times in November people will write down or say a thing they are grateful for every day (I wish I did this every day of the year- New Years Resolution??!). I have been writing them down, but now I'm going to write them all here for this week. Next week I will cover this upcoming weeks grateful moments

Day 1- I'm grateful for my mom and the silly things she does for me. Mr. Logan was working at Olive Garden and I really wanted to see him and have him be our server. My mom took me to dinner and we requested him. She laughed as I would get this silly, giggly, goofy, in love look on my face every single time he would walk up our table. She's such a good mom! I love her and the way she supports me in everything and she just listens to my craziness.
Day 2- I'm grateful for the examples my brothers have set for me in pursuing and doing things they enjoy and are passionate about. I found out Cody got into the PA school in Philadelphia today. He will leave next year around August. When I found this out, I was overcome with awe at all of my siblings. They have all gone into different fields that are taking them to where they want to be. It's such a good example for me at this time in my life when I can choose a lot of different fields; they have inspired me to follow my dreams and be passionate about what I do.
Day 3- I'm grateful for friends and the way they can help you become a better person. One of my friends is getting married in 27 days!! We had a girls night with the 4 of us that grew up together. It was fun to get together, catch up, and for me, I saw all the ways I have grown and become because of them.
Day 4- I'm grateful for testimony. I love the spirit that comes from others bearing their testimonies. I'm also grateful for my testimony. It has kept me going and pushing me through struggles and hard times. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church. This gospel brings true happiness. I'm grateful for it. It gives me peace in unsettling times and hope in times of trial. 

I'm looking forward to more grateful moments and finding new ways to express and see things to be grateful for. 

Be grateful
-M

Logan Day 4- Today I'm grateful for your teasing. I love knowing that no matter how stupid something is that I do, you'll tease me and just laugh. You don't make me feel dumb or like less of a person. It lets me know that you love me always.

No comments:

Post a Comment