Friday, October 26, 2012

Crafty/Wifey Week 8

It's 1:35 a.m. and I'm blogging. I really need to be packing for my St. George trip with Logan and his family, but I have 5 hours until they are going to pick me up so I have plenty of time right?! Let's hope so! 
This week I worked on a Christmas present. Sorry that I can expose details about it, but I was crafty!

I also made this slushy from Pinterest that looked really good, but it didn't do it for me. I did not enjoy it.

I have made these many times but I want to share the recipe with you because of how good they are. Plus tonight I added a smidge of Nutella because I love it and I was feeling like an experiment to make them even better!
Granola Bars
2 cups nuts (I use dice or slivered almonds)
2 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
2 cups oatmeal (I use old fashioned)
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup chocolate chipc
1/2 cup peanut butter chips
 Mix together and set aside.

In a large bowl that you can microwave:
16 oz bag of marshmallows
3 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup peanut butter
(This is where I added a little bit of Nutella-maybe a fourth a cup)
Microwave until the mallows are melting. Mix it all together until it is all melted together. Add in your cereal mixture until it's all worked in. Spread onto a cookie sheet to desired thickness. Drizzle melted chocolate over if you want more chocolate!
Makes 2-3 dozen bars!
SOO GOOD! ENJOY! :)

I will be sure to let you know how my St. George trip is and knowing me, there will be lots of pictures too! 

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment