Sunday, October 21, 2012

How I Met Mr. Logan

I can't tell you how long I've been staring at this blank blog post trying to decide how to write this all out.
I have told you lots of stories about Mr. Logan and you've read about how incredibly wonderful he is. But I have yet to tell you our how we met and little things like that. A lot of people have wanted to know this exciting little story, and after my cousin's wedding today all my aunts, uncles, and cousins wanted to know. I figured this was my cue to write it down here for everyone to know.

March 5, 2012
We were having ward FHE at Fat Cats and I was hanging out with my FHE brothers; we were in the middle of a game of bowling and I was up. The boys all lined up and I dove through their legs to bowl in my bright red skinny pants and an orange tie around my head. That's the first time Logan ever saw me. Awesome right?! Ya, it was :) Anyways.. when I was done with my turn, I turned around to see Kenon talking to Mr. Logan. Holy cow this kid was attractive and I wanted to talk to him. I went over and introduced myself. Turns out my FHE brothers were Logan's old roommates and he came to hang out with them!
I told Kenon to hook a sister up with him.
Within an hour after FHE I was on a date with Mr. Logan. Honestly, he made fun of me 99% of that date because I was from Shelley. But we found out that we had met before. He used to work at Foot Locker and he had sold me some running shoes. At the time he had a boot cast on because he broke his foot playing soccer. During our date he told me he worked at Foot Locker and then said something about his foot. All of a sudden it all clicked for me. This was the attractive guy that sold me Nike Frees in November. We were supposed to meet :)
We became friends on Facebook and I told him that I stopped by Foot Locker when I had been there to say hi, but he hadn't been there. He told me to not give up so easily.
Kenon Fenton was one of my best friends that semester and he worked as my "agent" to set me up with Logan. At the end of the semester I went to AZ for Jared's wedding and the day after I got home, Kenon invited me to play games at his house.
 The sneaky guy had also invited Logan, but I didn't know that.
Logan came late, but still as attractive as I remembered. I had a hard time not looking at him while we played games and I think he had just as hard of a time not looking at me. I asked Kenon if I was seeing things and he reassured me that I wasn't. By the end of the night there had been extreme flirting, tickle war, a hug, and a request for me to come in when he was working at Foot Locker that Thursday. 
Thursday couldn't have come soon enough. I went in strategically 15 minutes before he got off, hoping that he would ask me to go do something. He asked if I wanted to go get ice cream when he got off; he got my number and called me as he left the mall. We met at Cold Stone and we talked for an hour. I felt like I was talking to someone I've known my whole life; he asked me why I was into photography, I asked him about his goals. I loved every minute of it. It all went smoothly from there. We seemed to see each other often and it got better every time. It still gets better :)
That's our story; That's how everything started.
I do, however, owe a real big thanks to Kenon Fenton. He helped a lot :)
Now one more little quick story-
How I fell in love with Mr. Logan

On May 2 Logan went to the hospital with kidney stones. I went to see him after classes and spent some time with him. The next day I went back to the hospital after my classes and stayed with him the rest of the day. I did my homework while he slept and was dreaming of me wearing chocolate shoes (he's funny on drugs :)). That day I knew that there was no place I would rather be than in the hospital with him. That's a really big deal for me because hospitals give me major anxiety, but I didn't want to leave him. I told my roommates that night that I was falling in love with him.

It's been 7 months since I've Logan. Every day really does get better with him. I have learned so much about him and everything about him makes me love him more.
He's been right by my side through a lot of things and he has made me a better person.
He really is so wonderful.
He dances with me in the kitchen or when he pulls into my driveway he turns his radio up loud and he dances with me outside. He laughs at me every day. He teases me every day. He is my best friend and I love him!

Until next time- Be happy, life's better that way!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment