Sunday, October 7, 2012

Details

I really shouldn't be blogging right now, I have a full plate with work and pictures. BUT this always makes me feel a lot better.

General Conference weekend is amazing. To be honest with you, I haven't always been trying super hard to pay as close attention as I do now. My first semester of school I took a class called Teachings of the Living Prophets from Br. Wahlquist. It made me appreciate conference so much more and it has also given me a HUGE desire to go in with questions needing to be answered. And my questions were answered.
No my answer was not to join the new forces of missionaries with the lowering of missionary age availability; I do believe that if this announcement would have been 2 conferences ago, I would have jumped on the idea.  But this goes to prove a point from one of my favorite talks from today's sessions. President Thomas S. Monson said "The Lord is in the details of our lives." I know that our Heavenly Father knew this would happen. He knew last year that it was too early too announce it, He knew next year would be too late. Our Father knows the details in EACH OF OUR LIVES. He understands where we need to be to meet certain people and when we need to hear specific messages. I'm grateful for His timing in my life. I have talked about it often, but I know His timing is perfect. I know that the paths we cross in this life aren't by chance. In this same talk, Pres. Monson talked about how when our prayers are answered we find joy. I know that as a the only girl in my family, it has been a prayer from both of my parents that I would find someone who made me uncontrollably happy and who would respect and love me unconditionally. I have found many friends who have done this for me. And I have met Mr. Logan. I'm so grateful for the prayers that my parents have prayed for me to find someone like him.

Another really great talk from today that I want to mention really quick is Sister Linda Burton's. She focused her talk on service and she gave four words to live by. "First observe, then serve." I'm grateful for my family because so very often they do this for me. They always help me and are willing to do whatever for me. I love them very, very much. I'm excited to be able to read the talks as they come out in the Ensign.

I'm a Mormon! I know it. I live it. I love it.

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment